Response to Cafeteria hours
I am writing in response to the opinion article, "Insufficient hours of operation at the Caf" published in your Volume 68, Issue 5 release of the STAR.
Alison expressed a concern that has been brought up in the past. As a response to these concerns, Dining Services offers four different meal plans that are arranged to accommodate every student's needs. Should a student be unable to arrive at the Dining Hall during business hours, they can opt for fewer meals per week, which will increase the amount of Dining Dollars per semester on their Seawolf Card. They can then take these additional dollars to any other open venue on-campus to receive a healthy meal option.
The brief hours of closure in the Dining Hall are a reflection of the need to clean and prep for the following meal sessions. If a student misses a meal at the Dining Hall, they are able to use a swipe at the Zinfandel Marketplace, which is located next door and is open from 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Additionally, the new Student Center dining facilities will have extended hours of operation upon completion in August 2013.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent Sonoma State Star News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST SONOMA STATE STAR NEWS
RECENT SONOMA STATE STAR CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit